Indo Board Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IndeksIndeks  PortalPortal  PencarianPencarian  Latest imagesLatest images  PendaftaranPendaftaran  Login  

D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh?

Go down 
PengirimMessage
Darkmot
Geek Adept
Geek Adept
Darkmot

Jumlah posting : 364
Lokasi : Surabaya
Kerjaan : Gaming
Registration date : 21.03.08

D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh? Empty
PostSubyek: D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh?   D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Guys, sorry banget kalo baru sempet posting sekarang. Masi repot dan kompie di rumah terus berulah. Jadi baru bisa selesai sekarang. Anyway, ini adalah session report dari sebuah sesi D&D dengan 4th ed. Kita semua mendapat kebaikan hati dari Kai yang rela nge-DM-in kita, and he’s a great DM. Okay, enough preface, on to the stories. Once upon a time… halah

The Promised Kingdom of Elenia is a land of peace. They never had a conflict with other nations, and this is why many people come to its shores. Some looks for peace, other looks for profit. A few looks for adventures. In the border city of Yuripo, a few adventurers arrived, not suspecting anything...

I am a Tiefling. If you do not know what a Tiefling is, it is a race with demonic blood and features run through us because the pact of our ancestor. Anyway, our past and my history are not something you need right now. Due to some… circumstances, I had to leave my family and take a journey, lucky I had some learning in Warlock arts. In my travel, I met some companions. Forgive me, I forgot to introduce myself. For now, just call me… Bend.

"Welcome to our checkpoint city, are you looking for passage?", greeted the guard. “Greetings officer, we are just humble adventurers, looking for lodging and refreshment for us", courtesy was one of the many weapons in negotiation. And I had learned some during my stay with humans.

"Any entry fees, buddy?", this, came from an Elf, one of the companions I met in travel here. His name is Eutaron, and from his equipment, I gather that he was a ranger. You know, bow and stuff. He seemed like a casual chatterbox, but about his intelligence, I needed to observe more.

"Why do human always makes this kind of silly rules?", this grumpy comment came from a Dragonborn, who went by the name Drakashtallar. Dragonborn is a race with dragon heritage runs in their veins. And the appearance is like a bulky lizardman. Do not try to call them lizard, or you will get unforgettable experiences. But the one here seemed quite young, and by the look of it, he was a fighter at where he came from. Anyway, the Elf and the Dragonborn were the companions I met during travel to here.

After we filled the form, I asked the guard for any places needed attention, if not then the inn will do, but… "We're looking for adventure!", Eutaron interrupted me. "Adventure? Haha, this is a peaceful land Sir, you won’t find grand adventures here.", the guard replied. "Ok, how about any problem ?", the Elf talk again, "We're the exterminator. We exterminate problems". "We kill bugs too you know".

The more he talked, the more his intelligence decreases I thought.

"Problem, eh? Hmm… sometimes we get reports of bandit on the mountains, but that’s about it", the guard shrugged. Apparently this indeed was a very peaceful towns. Oh well, at least we could took a rest here.

"Well, that sounds interesting", Eutaron kept blabbering. "Well you know, I was thinking getting paid first buddy". "By the way any of you have extra money I can have? I need around 11Gp?"

My analysis was complete. He was an idiot.

I needed to spent extra energy to hold his anxiousness, while Drakashtallar growing impatient. Some team, eh? Nevertheless, we agreed to rest first. Not to mention I do need it because of the exhaustion for trying to direct Eutaron who could not find the Inn which was on plain sight! Sigh.

"Ok B, I’m going to the blacksmith first ok? By the way gimme some money so I can buy some long sword". Now this just rubbed me at the wrong end. Bend was already a short name to begin with, and he was still trying to shortened it? "Call me B again, and one shot of Eldiritch Blast to your head", my patience grew thinner. Suddenly he tried to kick my crotch.

I need to redo my analysis. He was an idiot, and annoying.

The ugly uncoordinated kick did not land. A blast was to nice for him. Burning would be more satisfying. "Allright, you ask for it, Hellish Rebuke!". I raised my hand and burned him from head to toe. "Do we need to continue this silly show or cease?", as I prepared my hand for another flame.

Suddenly, while Eutaron tried to subdue the flame, a shadow falls over the walls, and huge boulder crashed through it. By the blazes! A panic ran through all the townspeople, and the guard raised alarms everywhere. A portion of the wall has been demolished, and from outside the walls I hear the roar of warriors.

Things will get ugly soon…
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
Darkmot
Geek Adept
Geek Adept
Darkmot

PostSubyek: Re: D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh?   D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:03 pm

Many armored figures carrying swords rushed through the breach in the wall. The guards on the wall were trying to shoot them with arrows, but many got inside the town. We ended our little conflict, but not without throwing few insults. In a short time, a bunch of hobgoblins entered the town, and we readied our battle stance. Hobgoblins are cousin of goblins, they got the same ugly faces, but bigger body.

Eutaron was the quickest to get in trouble with me, but I got to admit he was the quickest to react to the hobgoblins too. Drawing his bow, he quickly shot the neares hobgoblin. Unfortunately, his aim did not par with his reflexes. And Drakashtallar grew agitated.

I needed to react fast, so I shot one of them that closest to me. A purple ray of Eldiritch blast ran from my palm directly to its face, and it dies horribly without its head. Gruesome, I know, but I am not a nice person.

But one of the hobgoblins charged ahead to Drakashtallar, and the wild blow scratched the Dragonborn. Bad move, I thought, since it angered the Dragonborn, and he swinged his great axe. Oh no… the hobgoblins, now standing side by side, formed a shield wall, repelling the Dragonborn attack easily. These were not just a band of wild hobgoblins. They were an army.

Of course, the idiot elf, oblivious to these, still tried to shoot them from front. Needless to say, the aim just now was good, but the attack was a waste. Do I need to tell him how change his diapers now? What a blaze.

I ran through the side of their flank, and shot one of them. As I suspect, the blast goes easily while their defense were focused at front. The enemy got to disarray, perhaps because the one that I shot was the coordinator of the flank. Or maybe they just undisciplined. Either way, they are separated now.

Suddenly a woman stepped out of the inn. Great, another Elf. Like the one we had was not enough. And she screamed, "Foul beast be gone from our land". And she turned to us "Fellow warrior let me aid you". What the blazes? Stop talking and start smacking, lady!

With a gesture, a hobgoblin burned in agony, his thick shield not protecting him from flames within his body. And somehow Drakashtallar got his spirit lifted. So, she was a Cleric. She might be useful after all.

With high spirit, Drakashtallar swung his great axe, killing two hobgoblins on process, wreaking havoc, and grunted, "Stand aside lady, this is no place for a woman!". What an ungrateful bastard. At least his strength matched his shallow mind.

While Eutaron, dropped his long bow and drew his long sword, since the enemies now in melee range, but then again, the hobgoblin did not even need to dodge, and the tip of the blade barely touch it. I swore my expression was exactly the same with the hobgoblin. This elf stupidity was beyond words.

And then was my turn to miss. Maybe because I was stunned by the previous event, or because I was trying to hold my laughter, I do not care. The blast nearly hit Eutaron. Would be funny though if it hit. And like a parade, the elf cleric missed her attack too. Was idiocy that contagious?

Suddenly the hobgoblins started to flee. Okay, your enemies start to fumble and then you need to flee? What a great strategy! I was starting to fear the contagious level of Eutaron’s stupidity is beyond my comprehension. Anyhow, he managed to kill one of the hobgoblins that were fleeing. Maybe he got smarter after spreading his “gospel”.

"What’s wrong with you Dragonborn?", the lady elf snapped at Drakashtallar. "Anything wrong with woman going to fight?". Not for me, but Drakashtallar replied, "I need no help in my battle...especially that from an Elf woman". What a blazed jerk.

While they were arguing, Eutaron looted the hobgoblin corpses. Either by greed or just plain stupid, he tied all the long swords that were carried by the hobgoblins to his hips, and… forget it. I needed to scan the situations now. Outside, the noises of battle was still raging. It would seemed, that I could get more clear view of situations if I looked from the top of town wall.

The others need some convincing to follow, but at last they were coming to the walls. The mental exhaustion about them was greater than the fatigue from the battle with the hobgoblins. Some team, eh?
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
Darkmot
Geek Adept
Geek Adept
Darkmot

PostSubyek: Re: D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh?   D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:03 pm

Crap on blazes. While we were walking, a huge creature lumbered toward us. It stood 10 ft tall, with armors, a huge club and one red eye. Luckily, it did not seem to notice us at the moment. Maybe if we could device a way to defeat it.

Once again, Eutaron managed to screw us instantly when he drew his long bow and shot the giant. Twice! And no surprise, both of the arrow not leaving a dent in its muscle. The Cyclops roared and looked at us. Without smile, of course.

One of the town guard yelled to us, "Run!! You’re no match for him!". It seemed that this powerful creature cannot be harmed with our measly weapons. We might needed to use a bigger weapon. I looked around and saw a ballista at the top of the town wall.

But the elf lady moved faster than me, and she went straight to the top of the town wall. She does has some brain. Oh well, there was no need for me to follow her, it was better to distract the Cyclops so she could get better shot. I shot the Cyclops and taunting him, hoping that it would distract it and would not notice the ballista. "The woman seems smart, let us distract the Cyclops", I told the others, which I thought was unnecessary, but from past experiences, I took all the precautions.

It appeared that talking was not enough. I do not know what else could get through their thick head. Drakashtallar charged the Cyclops like there are no tomorrow. The result, ladies and gentlemen, was nil. Hardly an itch for the Cyclops. Continuing the ignorance, Eutaron tried to shot the Cyclops hand. Hoping for it to drop the club. The arrow did graze the thick hands of the Cyclops, who roared in annoyance. The club did not drop, and it began to licking it lips while looking hungrily at Eutaron.

Desperate, I yelled "Pull him to shooting range of ballista, not there!", while shooting another Eldiritch Blast to Cyclops ear, hoping that it would pay its attention to me. To my surprise, the Cyclops turned its head, and the beam of Eldiritch Blast stroke true to its eye.

The Cyclops roared and fell to the ground, clutching its eyes as it died.

The event was so shocking that everyone stunned in silence for a full minute. Then, a roar of victory could be heard all around. The hobgoblins, seeing their Cyclops leader dead began fleeing. God blazes, I am so good! Or so lucky, but who cares?

The townspeople cheered "Heroes! Heroes are here to save us!". They gathered around us, lifting us to their shoulders and cheering. We did come in the right time and triumph. Is it just because of me, or maybe my other companions did really help, I did not want to think about it. For now, I will just savor the victory feeling. Some team, eh?

Yaaa, sementara campaignnya berhenti di sini dulu. Harusnya ada sedikit lanjutannya, tetapi karena yg session berikutnya agak sedikit, aku gabung di sana aja. Mohon commentnya Very Happy. Oh ya, semua yang aku tulis di sini adalah pikiran karakterku, as in Bend, The Tiefling Warlock, bukan pikiranku (walaupun ada beberapa yg bener juga sih Twisted Evil )Bagi yang ingin full conversationnya, bisa PM aku
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubyek: Re: D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh?   D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh? Empty

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

D&D 18th June 2008 - Some Team, eh?
Kembali Ke Atas 
Halaman 1 dari 1